Thursday, October 24, 2013

Door Décor: Fall Frame-Out!

My mum has lost a bit of luster, sadly.
Happy Fall! Ok, I know fall has been here awhile, but in true fall fashion, I've been so busy that it's taken forever for me to put together a seasonal front door display. I acquired and arranged items in bits and pieces, but this weekend's craft was the final touch I needed! Before this weekend I had picked up the little pumpkin from a roadside stand, purchased the mum from Lowe's, and found a cute little pumpkin sign at Dollar General for $6. It's metal and wood, so I'm excited to reuse it each year! My front door was bare, though, and the giant screw sticking out at eye level mocked me with the ghosts of decorations hung by previous owners.

Last spring I posted about my mom's door décor - taking inspiration from her (a common thing), I set about collecting materials to create my own version. I found a spray of cheery yellow (fake) flowers, a spray of fall leaves, and a large photo frame (I popped off the back and removed the glass for my purposes) at Dollar Tree. I picked up a little bud spray from a local craft store - it's well-made and I've been wanting to check out the store for awhile, so win-win. :) The ribbon, cardstock, and French magazine (peeking out of the top of the cone) were all items I had on hand. I simply used my trusty hot glue gun to attach everything. It took a few tries and different ideas (I'm beginning to understand why door wreaths/arrangements are so pricy - it's not as easy as it looks!), but I think it came out really cute!

 













 


Frame - $1
Yellow Flowers - $1
Fall Leaves - $1
Spray Bud - $2.50 (splurge, I know!)
Cardstock/Magazine Pages - on hand
Ribbon - on hand

Project Total: under $5!