Thursday, April 5, 2018

I'm not an Amazonaholic. I promise.

This blog used to be about crafts, and the title, Lemme Try That, referred to my attempts to replicate ideas I saw on Pinterest, Etsy, etc. Let it be known that I still do crafts! However, now that I'm a stay at home mom, there's just a little less time on creative pursuits for some reason... :)

Something that I've been spending more and more time doing is researching, and not quite the same type I used to do in grad school. In the past three years I've researched wedding decorations, home improvements, baby stuff (So. Much. Baby. Stuff.) and home decor, and I've bought a lot of it on Amazon. How much? Well, in the past three years my orders from Amazon have more than quadrupled, from 29 in 2015 to 131 in 2017 (I'm already at 40 so far in 2018...), and I have a feeling a lot of others are experiencing the same as we change up our shopping habits to meet the times and our life situations.

That being said, I'm not an Amazonaholic - although I do have Prime, I'm also a huge fan of comparison shopping, and I'm not above sending those little smiley boxes right back to their warehouse homes full of my rejects (most recently I returned a full-sized floor mirror. Yup). The thing I love about Amazon is the ratings system. Oh, and the free shipping. And the incredible niche stuff you can find. What was I saying? Oh yeah, I'm not an Amazonaholic. I'm just an aficionado.

I know, I've been going on and on about Amazon. But that's because I want to explain where I'm taking this blog - I've decided to turn it into a recommendations spot, since I've found some really cool, well-priced, useful things on Amazon. None of my posts will be sponsored (I'm not that big of a deal), but if you order something through my referral link, I get a kickback! A lot of these items I've already recommended to friends and family, or have repeatedly reordered as gifts, so I stand behind them. And I take a lot of stock in my own opinion, so therefore I also stand behind that. ;)